31 DAYS OF COFFEE MUGS: Marsala Coffee Mugs

According to the colour experts at the Pantone Color Institute, the colour of the year for 2015 is marsala.

Marsala is a reddish-brown colour that Pantone calls “a smooth, rich, earthy wine tone” inspired by the a city called Marsala in Sicily, Italy.

I think that adding accents of marsala would be a great way to add a bit of this fashionable, warm colour to your home d├ęcor without adding too much of a strong colour.


Here's a peek at the sample from Pantone. Marsala is colour number 18-1438.

Panatone says, "Nurturing and fulfilling, Marsala is a natural fit for the kitchen and dining room – making it ideal for tabletop, small appliances and linens throughout the home."  I like it though I realize it is not for everyone.  It is exactly the hit of red that I might choose to add if I were redecorating my family room or kitchen.



Today's post, number 27 in my 31 DAYS OF COFFEE MUGS, is therefore dedicated to a few lovely marsala-coloured coffee mugs. Because I do not actually own all of these mugs, I am relying on the colour representation delivered to me online. I hope that these colours are true in real life. Please let me know if you experience anything otherwise.

At the top of this page, I've shared a pair of Starbucks' Stacking coffee mugs. Starbucks calls the colour mulberry but I think that it is a fine stand in as a marsala-coloured mug. It is a 2013 mug that is readily available from Amazon by clicking right here.

Pfaltzgraff's Everyday Calico Mug, with a checkered pattern at the top, is of varied colours, including a reddish brown marsala. Priced at just $5.99 on Amazon, it would be a very affordable way to add a bit of this year's colour to your home decor. You can find it by clicking right here.

Then there is Burton & Burton's inspirational Marsala Dad themed mug. It's a handsome choice, perfect for Father's Day and dad's birthday. You can find it on Amazon here.

Mikasa also offers a basic coffee mug in a colour that they call berry. Priced at just $2.99, I'm not sure what quality this mug delivers but I suppose you could buy one and check it out. If you wanted to add a whole lot of marsala to your kitchen in a verty inexpenssive mug, this could be the one for you. Find it here on Amazon.

Brenda
Treasures By Brenda
You never know what I
might have in store for you.

Quick Link:

See how Pantone decorated with marsala.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...